Accidents involving cars occur all too frequently – even the most attentive and safest drivers can suffer injuries in a crash involving a negligent person. Fortunately, if you’ve been hurt in an automobile accident, North Carolina has laws to protect you and your loved ones, but strict time limits apply – so you must act quickly – and the process of recovering the compensation you are owed can be overwhelming.
For years, the Charlotte car accident lawyers at Charlotte NC Car Accident Lawyers Group have served the needs of automobile accident victims in Charlotte and throughout North Carolina. If you’ve suffered an injury related to an auto accident, the Charlotte NC Car Accident Lawyers Group car accident lawyers can guide you through North Carolina’s legal process to recover compensation whether you are a pedestrian, passenger, or driver.
Call 980-239-2275 to organize a free no-obligation consultation with us today.
Car Accident Statistics
The number of car wrecks and traffic fatalities in Charlotte, Mecklenburg County, and North Carolina as a whole is a cause for concern. Reports from the North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration showed that 1,373 people lost their lives in traffic accidents in North Carolina. Below is a general picture of auto accidents in North Carolina in 2019:
– Drivers involved in fatal crashes through NC – 1,937
– Total crashes in Charlotte – 35,341
– All injuries in Charlotte resulting from auto accidents – 17,857
– Alcohol-impaired driving crashes in Charlotte– 883
– Alcohol-impaired driving injuries and fatalities in Charlotte – 761 and 27, respectively
If you or someone you love has been hurt in an automobile accident, please call our Charlotte office for a free case evaluation.
What Types Of Damages Are Awarded For Auto Accident Cases In Charlotte, NC?
Damages are available to successful plaintiffs in car accident cases in North Carolina. However, auto accident victims must prove the four elements of negligence to recover these damages, i.e.:
1. The defendant (at-fault party) owed you a duty of care;
2. The at-fault party somehow breached this duty;
3. You suffered losses (in the form of personal injury or property damage) because of the defendant’s conduct; and
4. Your losses/injuries were proximately caused by the defendant’s actions or inaction.
Multiple types of damages are recoverable for plaintiffs who can prove the elements of a negligence car accident claim. These damages include:
– Economic Damages: These cover objective losses that you incurred as a result of the auto accident. They can include but are not limited to medical costs, property damage and lost income
– Non-Economic Damages: These cover subjective losses such as emotional anguish, pain and suffering, and loss of enjoyment of life.
– Punitive Damages: These types of damages are often awarded in cases where the defendant behaved in a grossly reckless or negligent manner.
Dealing With The Aftermath Of A Charlotte Car Accident: Why You Need A Compassionate & Experienced Lawyer
Please don’t shoulder the stress of dealing with the aftermath of a car crash alone. The compassionate and experienced Charlotte car accident lawyers at Charlotte NC Car Accident Lawyers Group have spent their educational years and careers learning the intricacies of personal injury laws in North Carolina in an effort to support injured victims throughout the state of North Carolina. Call 980-239-2275 to schedule a free initial case review.